• Welcome to itatonline.org Forum.

News:

ITAT issues guidelines for stay of demand.

Main Menu

Relief u/s 90 with DTTA from nepal

Started by pawansingla, March 01, 2015, 02:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawansingla

Assessee total turnover- 3,60,00,000 nepal export sales- 1,70,00,000 total profit - Rs. 44,00,000 tax paybale - Rs. 11,33,000 total tax deducted by nepal purchaser- Rs. 12,05,000 how much credit is to be allowed ? what is the formula ? which article of DTTA will apply ?

camanojgupta

Article 23 between India and Nepal provides as under
Article 23 : Methods For Elimination of Double Taxation

1. The laws in force in either of the Contracting States shall continue to govern the taxation of income in the respective Contracting States except where provisions to the contrary are made in this Agreement. Where income is subject to tax in both Contracting States, relief from double taxation shall be given in accordance with the following paragraphs of this Article.

2. Double Taxation shall be eliminated as follows:

(i) In India:

(a)''' Where a resident of India derives income which, in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement, may be taxed in Nepal, India shall allow as a deduction from the tax on the income of that resident, an amount equal to the tax paid in Nepal.

Such deduction shall not, however, exceed that portion of the tax as computed before the deduction is given, which is attributable, as the case may be, to the income which may be taxed in Nepal.

(b)''' Where in accordance with any provision of the Agreement income derived by a resident of India is exempt from tax in India may nevertheless, in calculating the amount of tax on the remaining income of such resident, take into account the exempted income.

CA Manoj Gupta
Jodhpur

pawansingla

i ALSO READ THIS TWO ARTICLE.I AM CONFUSED,.I HAVE GIVEN THE DETAILS. CAN YOU GUIDE ME HOW TO TAKE CREDIT,WHAT IS AMOUNT OF CREDIT AVAILABLE.THANX IN ANTICIPATION.