• Welcome to itatonline.org Forum.

News:

Contact details of departmental representatives is available.

Main Menu

Internal scams in Income Tax Department

Started by brett_lee38, November 25, 2014, 10:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brett_lee38

From last four years I am observing that huge manipulation is going on the Income Tax department in respect of the appointment of standing counsel before the High Courts. I have observed that ninety percent of the standing counsels are those who don't have any tax back ground but they have been given this privilege as they are kith and kin of the Commissioners or Chief Commissioners. Now I have decided to expose this game and will follow the appointments and complaint to the CVC and CBI regarding these appointments. Earlier the High Court judges were controlling the appointments however there discretion has been dispensed with by the Govt. This reminds me one recent incident. Recently I have applied for CAT panel. However, as usual I could not contact my well wishers who are also serving in department as a result of which CIT judicial has dismissed my application on the ground that I dont have any exposure in CAT. Then I found that in 2011, the then CIT Judical had appointed so many persons as standing counsels who were not having any tax back ground, yes it is true that the then Commissioner in order to oblige his seniors had appointed their relatives at the cost of important tax matters. But God is great I am happy that i have not been given the CAT panel because now I am helping the honest persons of the department in their CAT matters. I expreinced that the department itself is acting like a butcher on these honest persons harrasing them by using delay techniques. One very senior advocate of Supreme Court has also filed complaint in vigilance and pointed out that appointments happened in 2011 and 2012 are done in a corrupt manner. However till today no action has been taken against that CIT judicial. Now you people tell me whether it is not a war against this country to appoint people who have no tax back ground because ultimately the country is losing its taxes for providing experience to these panelist.

pawansingla

Does standing counsel bothers about the losing the case ? One of senior counsel loses most of the case in high court and then recommends it as fit case for SLP. The reason told by one officer of the department was that , he father is standing counsel in Apex court.
The best way to make these appointments transparent is first define the elgibility criretia, then go for written exams , and only then interview of limited marks.
Somewhere down the line, i feel department should have  adedicated full time and permanenet cadre of legal officers to defend their case in ITATs,High courts and Apex court.

bpagrawal

I am also of view that written test should be taken to avoid favouritism.