• Welcome to itatonline.org Forum.

News:

ITAT issues guidelines for stay of demand.

Main Menu

Copy of Proceeding sheet

Started by prashantmaharishi, March 30, 2014, 01:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prashantmaharishi

During the  assessment proceedings can assessee has right to give copy of order sheet by AO on request by assessee?

ketanvyas1975

Well, there is no explicit prohibition on furnishing copy of ordersheet. In fact, if an assesse wants to have proof of his appearance and having filed submissions, then he can surely demand copy of ordersheet and the A.O. is bound to give the same. Ordersheet is never any personal or inter-office document which can not be granted to the assesse. I have practically requested the same in several situations and also obtained the same. In any case, under RTI, you can always demand this.

PV

I think answer is so obvious. You can get copies of all the documents, including the order sheet, at least under the RTI.

deepakgadgil

Dear Senior Professional Brothers

There is an old circular which talks about "Fees for Inspection of assessment & other records  for obtaining copies of documents" - Circular : No. 17(XL-36), dated 28-6-1965. The same is there on records even today. I have myself used this one to get copies of order sheets when the Authorities were in denial mode.

There is also a very informative article written by Adv. Dr. C. P. Ramaswami on this subject published in July 2007 issue of BCAJ

Regards
CA Deepak Gadgil
Solapur

deepakgadgil

Dear Colleges
while on the subject I would also like to share one good experience by me

Recently I had occassion to appear before one of the Hon'ble Commissioner Appeals Pune - for an appeal under Service Tax - immidiately after conclusion of hearing - he asked the person assisting him to record the proceedings take my sign on it - he put his  sign & seal on the same & immidiately handed over a copy of the same to me without asking.

It seemed like this was a normal practice followed by him.

May his tribe increase

In fact we can suggest the law makers to make this procedure a binding one

regards

CA Deepak Gadgil